FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 12: OMNI
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2008, 3:42 pm
B747-437B

No, I do not visit OMNI. I sometimes wind up posting on OMNI when a search reveals a thread that I can contribute positively to. However, this is very rare.

No, I do not believe that OMNI contributes positively to Flyertalk. To the contrary, I believe OMNI is one of the biggest components of what has led to the dilution of Flyertalk's quality over the years. This is so because OMNI, by its very nature, is opinion based. Flyertalk is not intended to be an opinion-based forum, but rather a forum to share facts - whether these be information, tips, experiences, etc... Personally, I find many of the regular posters on OMNI to be quite obnoxious and overly obsessed with their post counts. See, I can play the opinion game too but it usually isn't pretty.

I have no opinion about the fragmenting of OMNI as I do not read it.
If OMNI is to exist however, I support universal access, at least on a read-only basis, just as I support universal read-only access for every other forum. This included the "private" moderator forum when I was a moderator, and would include the "private" TalkBoard forum as well.

Once again though, I reiterate my pledge that should I be elected to TalkBoard, my first motion will be to propose the elimination of the OMNI forum.