FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ
Old Jun 4, 2008, 1:25 pm
virtualtroy

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ

With the endorsement of mods, I'm starting this thread which aims to answer the many (mostly) the same questions which have arisen on Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged].

If you have suggestions for additions to this thread, please PM the op in order to keep the thread length manageable. Updates posted to the thread will be deleted by moderators once the main post has been appropriately updated.

Do I have entitlement to access the F terminal in FRA?
Yes, under the following conditions:

- You have arrived / are departing on a confirmed F segment on LH metal, on the same day (so, for example, if you were to fly FRAMUC in any class, connecting to an ex MUC flight in F on LH, you would be entitled to FCT access)
- You hold HON status
- You are invited as a guest by someone who meets the above criteria
- And, you are departing on a flight operated by LH/LX/OS/EN (excludes codeshares)

What are the opening times of the F terminal?
- 0530 to 2245 daily

Where is it located?
About 200 metres to the west of Terminal 1

If arriving in FRA on a LH operated flight in F, will I get a car transfer from the arriving flight?
- Ordinarily, no. However, if you hold HON status, you're arriving / departing from an apron position and your onward flight is operated by LH / LX / OS, LH aims to send a car to meet you from your arriving aircraft. See for more info. NB If you do get the car service on arrival, you will be driven to the main arrivals area and not the FCT, as this does not offer immigration and customs facilities for inbound passengers.

How do I get to the F terminal in FRA?
The First Class Terminal at Frankfurt is located close to Terminal 1. You can reach it by car via the access road to Terminal 1: the entrance to the First Class Terminal is off this road, approximately 200 metres before you get to Terminal 1. When arriving on public transport, the First Class Terminal is only a few minutes’ walk from Terminal 1. The lounge is directly behind the Terminal’s security checkpoint.

The FCT is a departure terminal/lounge and is not meant for transfer pax. Transfer pax can use the FCLs located in the main terminal building which offer the same amenities as the FCT. There is not transfer or shuttle to the FCT. You can walk to the FCT, though:

tcswede advises:
if on departure level take escalator down to arrival - on arrival level walk out of terminal and turn left - you will pass the bus shuttles to the airport hotels and have taxis to your left - cross the street - whilst wakling under the access road above to departures - you will have taxi diver coffee shop to the right - and more taxis parked to your left - after the coffee shop there is a crosswalk to your left over tho the othe side of the road - continiue in the same direction as before and you will have the terminal on your left hand side.
You can either call the bell on the back of the sign and wait to be picked up or just use the spiral staircase to go to upper level and enter through the main door. If calling the bell - you will have a lift taking you up to the entrance.
How many guests am I permitted in the F Terminal?
- One, assuming a lower cabin class and that they will be travelling on the same flight as you. If they also are confirmed to travel in F, they too will be entitled to a guest, meeting the same criteria
- Anyone with a confirmed segment in F is also entitled to bring in their domestic partner and / or children, provided they are departing on the same flight, irrespective of the cabin class they are travelling in

I’m arriving on LH/LX/OS C and departing TG/SQ/etc. F, do I get in to the F terminal?
- No, but you will have access LH Senator (Star Alliance Gold) lounges airside

I’m arriving on TG/SQ/etc. F and departing on LH, Swiss, Austrian C do I get in to the F terminal?
- Not unless you hold HON status, otherwise you will have access LH Senator (Star Alliance Gold) lounges airside

I’m arriving on any carrier in any cabin class and departing same day on LH/LX F do I get in to the F terminal?
- Yes.

I'm arriving on LH / LX F and departing same day on another carrier in any cabin class, will I have access to the F terminal?
- Yes, if your onward flight is operated by LH, Swiss, Air Dolomiti or Austrian Airlines Group. Otherwise, you will only have access to the LH F airside lounges or (if eligible) the lounge of the airline operating your onward flight.

What is the minimum connect time between flights in order to use the F terminal?
- 90 mins is recommended, however some have observed that 60 mins is acceptable, while others still have got away with just 20 mins. Bear in mind, if in transit, that you will need to factor in the time between arrival and departure

Do I need to tip the staff in the F terminal?
- At your discretion, but not expected under local cultural conditions

What's the food like in the F terminal?
- Well above the standard of anything you might expect from any airline in the air, a cut above lounge food of any other airline and equivalent to a smart restaurant in any m

Last edited by totti; Jan 11, 2010 at 5:57 am Reason: Revised section: How to get…