FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Status Match Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2008, 2:49 pm
Tooms

Originally Posted by KevinInRI
I live in Providence, am AA Gold and just got a 90-day status match on United to Premier (part of my reason for requesting was that AA is pulling out of PVD in November) on 10/2/08. To keep the Premier status I have to fly 7500 miles within 90 days, which comes out to 12/30/08. I'm planning to take a holiday trip returning on 1/1 and asked if they would extend the qualification period by 2 days so my flight on 1/1 would count, but they said no. Evidently they're quite strict on the time requirements.
Hey Kevin, thanks for replying. I called UA and they said that as long as i had a trip booked before 12/31 that would get me over the 15K, and that i called them to give them notice of that, they would honor it for the match. my main issue is that i will have a flight in late December for the holidays but not might be returning by 12/31. You may want to call them if you're in that situation and see if they will do that. Not sure if that's bc im shooting for Premier Executive rather than Premier but probably worth a try if you have something booked or you're about to book for the holidays.