FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is 250,000 AA miles considered a lot????
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2008, 12:52 am
discoboy

Is 250,000 AA miles considered a lot????

Hi, I have 250,000 AA miles which is the most I have ever had. Is this considered a lot of AA miles?
Thanks.
D.

------------------------------

I thought I would start another thread about this because I have more info to add.

My AA account has 250,000 miles which is the most I've ever had.
My wife's AA account has 77,000 miles.
So we really have 327,000 miles total.

I also have 37,000 American Express Rewards points which I understand I can transfer to AA or Hawaiian Air. Now the interesting part is I have 80,000 miles in my Hawaiian Account already so I don't really need to use the Amex points there although I could to round up to enough Hawaiian miles for 3 free tickets instead of two.

I am also thinking of transferring some Amex points to Hiton Honors. I currently have 150,000 Hilton Honors points. Although, I think that 37,000 Amex points would be of greater value if I transferred them to either AA or Hawaiian what do you all think? Are there other better options for the Amex points?

How would you all allocate the various options? I have to purchase 4 roundtrips each time I redeem miles for the family and will be flying coach.
D.

Last edited by Plato90s; Oct 28, 2008 at 6:59 am Reason: subsequent posted appended