FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Status Match Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:54 pm
KevinInRI

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by Tooms
I apologize if this has been addressed earlier in the thread. I am AA Platinum and have just moved to SFO from NY. I applied for the United Premier Executive status match. UA gave it to me effectively immediately but are requiring me to fly 15K by 12/31. I know that UA has been doing this occasionally but thought they might not do so to match an AA status. Anyone know if i can push back on UA to see if they will match without the 15K requirement? Or will UA grant me more time to meet the 15K requirement? I will be flying UA a few times before the end of the year, but not sure if I will be make it by 12/31. Thanks very much.
I live in Providence, am AA Gold and just got a 90-day status match on United to Premier (part of my reason for requesting was that AA is pulling out of PVD in November) on 10/2/08. To keep the Premier status I have to fly 7500 miles within 90 days, which comes out to 12/30/08. I'm planning to take a holiday trip returning on 1/1 and asked if they would extend the qualification period by 2 days so my flight on 1/1 would count, but they said no. Evidently they're quite strict on the time requirements.