FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pass, or don't pass?
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2008, 8:11 am
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
basically Pass-Line.

I played the don't for around a year, as an experiment (mostly @ Argosy Indiana). It really gets rather boring. If you have the patience and nerve; the doey-don't or Patrick systems can bring you very small grind profits --- but, neither really interested me very much. (I hate grinding, just don't have the patience)

As many have said, Craps is about the action and socializing.

Only thing I'll add, is that Craps presents some great opportunities to really seize the moment when you have a hot shooter. This might involve going up on more numbers and pressing multiple bets. If you are on the don't --- you basically just sit on the sidelines waiting for the 7-out (and having an extra Don't-Come is hardly going to add very much to the excitement).

When I get to a dice table, I'll often just place bet the 6 and 8 for a while, until I feel comfortable. I never go up on the pass-line right away, as I pretty much always believe in taking full odds behind the line; and that can be a real killer on the bankroll. I prefer to just take things slow. The beauty of dice is the incredible amount of betting opportunities. You just need to learn to capitalize on those opportunities at the right time.