FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Staying near the Civic Center
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:17 am
rjque
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
I assume the best priceline deals could be had closer to the date of travel?

I've tried a few lowball bids but with no success.

The rental facility (Enterprise on Ellis St) says it closes at 6pm, at 5pm I'll still be in Willows, CA which is about 2 hours away according to Google Maps.

On second though, I kind of wanted to keep the car overnight, since I'm paying for that extra day anyway, just to access some remote parts of the city for sightseeing. I like to drive around sometimes just to poke around and find something new.

In case the Rodeway (if I end up staying there) runs out of parking, besides the street parking which I'm not looking forward to, how are the parking garages in the area? (expensive? open 24 hours? etc.)

thanks,
--Russ
Depends on your definition of "expensive." Most garages will be more than you paid for your rental car. Street parking can be had in the area but note that there are many metered streets around there and be sure to carefully read the street cleaning signs where you park. Much of the street cleaning in that area happens overnight, so watch for signs that say "no parking Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 2-3 a.m." etc.