FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC only -- possible combination deal with AmEx promo through 10/10
Old Oct 9, 2008, 8:38 am
drjhwang

Originally Posted by salut0
A question, and a recommendation. First, is there a minimum spend involved? It seems that it might be possible to spend much less than the gift card amount, and in essence be paid for doing the offer.

And a recommendation: not that this would fit in with finding the cheapest place, and it's not part of RN/iDine, but it's certainly very good and worth going to for the experience: The Russian Tea Room. Quite astonishing decor, and an elegantly served and imaginative meal. On our last visit, we ordered several starters rather than main courses, which made it less expensive.
Based on the terms & conditions, there is no minimum spend. However, I won't be able to confirm until I get my AmEx statement, and the promotion will be over by then.

I definitely considered a nice place like The Russian Tea Room, but I ended up going with an idine place (Crave on 42nd). Just couldn't resist getting paid to eat AND earn miles!