FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Suites Calgary West, AB, Canada [Master Thread]
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:20 am
slidergirl

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
When I work up at the track, after an event, a group of us would always go down to the FP and sit in the bar. We'd get lunch - it was always good. Usually some decent beer on tap, too. This past year, the "meetings" switched across the street to the bar at the Sandman. I don't know why, other than more of us were showing up and the bar there can handle a bigger group.
Besides the usual chain fast food places, there is a good coffee place, a liquor store, and an Italian takeout place in a strip mall building next door. I'll recommend the coffee place - I hit it every morning for a huge cup of joe and a muffin on my way up to the track. Another little tip if you want to dine, but don't want the fast food: If you go down the hill on the road in front of the Sandman (Bowfort Rd.), it intersects Bowness Rd in about a mile, if that. Turn right, and you find a little business neighborhood with some restaurants.