FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe
Old Sep 20, 2008, 9:58 am
mauld

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Hilton vs Starwoods in Europe for Top Tier

I'm a long time Plat Starwood who recently made Hilton Diamond (via lots of stays at dreary CT Hiltons ). I'm looking for advice as to the best Hiltons (vs Starwoods) in Europe. I'm interested more in city locations for paid weekend stays of one or two nights, preferably at properties with lounges (I don't care about spas, gyms etc), and offer good upgrades (suites, views) to Diamonds. Right now it seems (from postings) that the Rome Hilton beats out the Starwoods-- although Starwoods do have good locations, I generally don't get more than an upgraded room with a quasi view of the city). As I'm not all that familar with Europe Hiltons, and will make travel plans based on a good hotel-- looking for new locations to try out. My travel usually involves leaving the US on a Thurs or Fri with a return on Sun (VERY SHORT TRIPS-- and I'm a female who travels solo).
PS- My only experience with Hiltons in Europe is the Sorrento Hilton, which I found to be a great experience-- as I tend to like more modern hotels with great views and this property came up tops in both

Last edited by mauld; Sep 20, 2008 at 10:33 am