FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I want (and sorta need) blog topics
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2008, 1:02 pm
DeltaWebDev

I want (and sorta need) blog topics

Suggested topics
  • DL/NW merger from developer's perspective technical perspective. what a developer thinks about how you integrate two very big companies with hundreds of thousands of PNRs overnight. When will PARS be intergrated into DL's system? Will we still have a choice to go back and forth with DL Term? Will cornerstone go away as well?
  • How does codesharing work with others in skyteam
  • How about talking about some of the backend ops that happen when, say, a customer buys a ticket. (both on the hardware and software side)
    Mention some of the backend checks that you guys make to prevent mistakes that end up in the MR forum. privacy and security as well. the GIDS systems, approaches to showing standby and upgrade lists more often, how all those systems tie together.
  • A behind the scenes view at inflight. How does Delta handle inflight catering, meal rotation schedules, when to order special meals. When will PTV work reliably fleet wide?
  • The Award Calendar: what DL is doing to allow Skymiles redemption online across additional air carriers? What is Delta doing to fix the calendar? Adding partner airlines to the online award calendar. For instance, why were NW and CO done first, then AF? Why the order, and why haven't all the others come online yet? Are they mainly financial reasons, technical (either on Delta's side or the other airline), or what? Which will be next??
  • The assorted perks to frequent flyers. Upgrades: what is the upgrade matrix? upgrading international flights? upgrading on partner airlines? lounge access on other airlines?
  • Baggage: what does two bags mean, where does lost luggage go, what about lost international luggage? What is Delta doing to not loose my luggage? Should I help others put their bags in the overhead bin?
  • lounge access on other airlines
  • When will the Delta AMEX Platinum companion certificates be redeemable online

• What about "Future Fleet Plans - Changes to Fleet, Equipment (e.g. wireless internet) etc. Would be great for customers to know what changes are coming short term, neart term and perhaps over 1-2 years.

• What about covering why getting a seat assignment on a codeshare flight can be a lot more complex than it would first appear
  • A somewhat risky blog topic would be nonrev travel compared to revenue standby.
  • blogging about flyertalk, and the huge number of spoiled, impossible-to-please medallions there?
  • manners at the gate

-------------------- original post from Sep 18, 08, 3:02pm --------------------

so in this thread i'm keeping a running list of the blogs i've posted at blog.delta.com. the award ticket post i didn't think would go through without heavy censorship but it sailed through quite easily (i think i had a verb or two edited). so i figured i should ask what topics YOU are interested in reading about.

web development related stuff i can tackle pretty easily (though i can get WAY too technical i'm afraid). things like the process of development, where we are with current projects (including screenshot requests), discussions on browser differences, tools of the trade that make our life easier, etc are viable options, but i am interested in the topics primarily that i can answer AND will require a legal review to make sure i'm not violating any NDAs, etc etc. i think those are the topics that are most interesting to not only write, but to read. Its also is in keeping with the spirit of being open, honest, and direct with you, the customer.

but don't just stop with those suggestions as i will make sure that all suggestions are passed along to those that can answer them when i can't.

of course there are topics that we all KNOW can't be answered at this time due to legal reasons (merger topic comes to mind). but shoot for the stars, and we'll see if we can get you at least to the moon.

Last edited by DeltaWebDev; Sep 26, 2008 at 5:30 am