FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Listening to Channel 9 on September 11, 2001
Old Sep 12, 2008, 6:58 am
aluminumdriver

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Thank you to the OP and also AD for the pilot insights on that very sad day.

I can not imagine how frightening it must have been for anyone in the air that day. As someone else noted, you must certainly have NERVES of Steel!

I have goosebumps and chills just reading this thread.

Also were airlines all over the States grounded for 4 days?? Forgive me, I cant recall that detail as I was not living there.

I have a relative who lives very close to the WTC - luckily she was out of the city working at another location that day. She was unable to return to her appt for many days though.

My thoughts are with all those who lost their lives and their loved ones on that awful day.

No, some flights did resume a couple days later. It was up to the company to decide which flights they wanted to move working with the FAA. Depended on where you were and where you were going. I know we sat on the ground (it might have been 3 days now that I think of it) after they started flying again for a while. Lower on the totem pole I guess. Once my family knew I was okay, I was fine hanging where I was.

Last edited by aluminumdriver; Sep 12, 2009 at 4:36 pm