FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Listening to Channel 9 on September 11, 2001
Old Sep 11, 2008, 4:03 pm
youreadyfreddie

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
AD:

Wow! Thanks for your point of view about that day. I'm wondering if you might care to elaborate on this:

Second big memory, how the crew and passengers and the town we were in all pulled together and worked to make all the lives disrupted better. We didn't buy a meal or drink while we were there thanks to the town, and the passengers and crew got together for meals and stuff during the day.
bolding mine

Were the people in the town paying your bar and restaurant tabs or were they inviting folks into their homes for meals, etc? I had heard of this (being invited to private homes) happening with the folks who were diverted to Newfoundland for a few days. My dad always says "most people are pretty nice". That terrible day brought out the best in many people.

Cheers,

yrf