FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Electronic bill pay, paper check sent
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:34 pm
ssullivan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I do billpay with BofA and it shows (and does) next day delivery.
Bank of America's website shows that, but it's not true. They have always sent a paper check to Diners when I've used their bill pay to pay that account. It will let me initially put in the next day as the payment date, but then when I submit it, I get a message telling me that delivery date isn't available, and the new date that's substituted is usually about six days later. Later, once the payment has posted to my account, it always shows up as a paper check.

I agree it's a lot faster to log into my Diners account to do the payment there. But they only let you save one bank account to pull the payment from, and you can't specify a date. There are times I would prefer to use a different bank account to make the payment and not clear the saved account information, or set it up with a future date. The Diners website just doesn't let you do that, unlike nearly every other credit card on the market in the US today.

The lack of an option to supress paper statements really irks me too. Diners is the only monthly financial account I have that I get a paper statement for. I have half a dozen other credit cards, a mortgage, a car loan, three bank accounts, and a couple of retirement accounts, and I get one paper statement every month. And it's from Diners.