FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Do Find Out How Full A Flight IS
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2008, 2:06 am
divemistressofthedark

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
?? How are people getting on WN flights that aren't positively brimful?

Maybe I just book popular markets, but I can't remember the last flight I took that didn't have at least 95% of the center seats filled. Which doesn't bother me, of course, except for examples like the BNA-BWI trip I took last month - in which Mr. Center Seat not only hogged the armrest, but rested his meaty arm actually on my thigh for most of the flight...Seems like I've been having a bad spate of being seated next to men whose upper bodies are too wide for the seat, as well, shoving me either out into the aisle (to be hit by passing bev carts) or into the plane wall (talk about backache).

It'd be wonderful to have room to get away from these folks, but it just doesn't ever seem to happen.

Oh, and to the OP: It's a good idea to set alarms on your desktop calendar or whatever, so you can be sure to OLCI 24 hours in advance and get into the A boarding group. Otherwise you can expect your carryon to be gate-checked if you're on one of the older WN planes (22" bags won't fit in long-ways, only sideways, and the bins fill up fast.)