FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Berlin, Germany 2008 on [Master Thread]
Old Aug 5, 2008, 6:44 am
Forstbetrieb

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The breakfast restaurant is a pain. If you knew the old FRIEDRICH you were used to a posh place with nice tablecloth, a wonderful buffet and great service. And now: It is something like a canteen with a horrible mix of colors. The price however, is still the same.

This time I stayed the first time in the "new" wing facing Unter den Linden. The rooms there had still been 1987 style and they did a full rennovation of these rooms. I had a -72 suite and this was a true two room suite - not bad at all and new style ONLY. I a liked this much better than the old-new mix eg of the -21 suite type.
the new "restaurant" relish or so has "nice" garden chairs and the dimensions is roundabout a third of the old FRIEDRICH.

the prices of the room service are sometimes lower than in the bar and the restaurant

there is no more the closed restaurant in the seventh floor, now there are rooms and one ore two suites. 668 is no more a duplex suite and the old Bibliothek ( 7th floor unter den Linden ) will be part of a multiroom suite.