FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Airpoints?
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:00 am
Starbear

Programs: ANZ G; QF G; DJ S
Wink

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Overhaul of airpoints program is coming. From what little reference there has been from NZ I would say that the new program will be out before the end of the year. Probably to coincide with the completion of the Space+ and 320/767 AVOD refit (plus domestic changes).
Hi NZ_Flyer ... thanks for the update.

and... hi jetsetkiwi. I always thought it very strange that Airpoints did NOT reward you with tier credit on the lowest fares, particularly as QF's Red-Edeal levels give you points and at least partial Status Credits.

If NZ do end up giving tier credit to their lowest TransTasman or domestic fares, it would be nothing more than an acknowledgement that a) there is a lot more competition these days both on TransT and Domestic routes, and that b) thank you, sir/madam... in your infinite wisdom, for choosing to fly with NZ, rather than QF, DJ, JQ or (perish the thought...) EK.

So, thanks all. We wait sleeplessly for the changes (which I might have thought would coincide with QF's announced change of QFF from a Freq. Flyer program to a glorified middle-of-the-night Shopping Channel