FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there a consistent incidental hold policy?
Old Jul 30, 2008, 8:23 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
For full service properties (I've never worked with the FOSSE system at limited/select service properties so can't speak for them) the credit card you give at checkin will be the default credit card used when the agent checks you out of the system. HOWEVER both cards will still be on file so if the card you held the reservation on is the card you want to be charged at checkout, there is no need to give that card again, just let the front desk agent know that the original card is the one you want charged.

Well not always true. In my case of the AMS Marriott I gave them a dif credit card at check-in from the profile & THAT's what I expected to be charged. When the guy at check-out said, do you want us to charge it to the same card I said yes, EXPECTING it to be charged to that card - not to the one that I had used to reserve it/in my profile 9 months earlier! That's what created the angst, me worrying about washing dishes, missing my flight, & incurring overseas telephone charges back to the cc co, who actually talked to the front desk (for which I did not get reimbursed).

Maybe Marriott properties need to start being more specific at check-out - ie, do you want it charged to card xxxx which you used at check-in or card # xxx, which is on your profile?

Cheers.