FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Virgin Islands with my Dog
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2008, 9:37 am
hollomon

Hi Speedbird,
I have two dogs I am making arrangements for. We fly into San Juan then Tortola. What an ordeal!I have called customs in Tortola at least 10 times and the airlines at least that many. We are going Aug 19, will you be there before that? I would love to know your experience when you get to Tortola. I think that when I get the Titer test results I have my vet fill out the int.health then I have to pay again for the Federal vet to sign off on it. Once I get that I fax it all to Tortola and they issue the permit if my dogs are not rabid. The poor woman I keep pestering at customs just told me the vet there will meet me at the airport to examine the dogs. I hope its as laid back as the last time I flew in.
Its crazy that Sunshine air requires you have an international health certificate not older than one week. I swear the vets are in on this scam.
What airlines are you flying with? We are putting the dogs on QuickPak Petsafe w/ Cont. then Air Sunshine and Cape Air. We have a pug and bordercollie. Cape air is only $10 to fly the pug but the kennel for the border is too big so Air Sunshine will do it for a mere $250. Quick pak should be $250 and $300. Yes thats all one way.

I wonder what how the pugs fly to the states- cargo or cabin...