Wiki Posts
Search

KVS Tool and F bucket

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2006, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental
KVS Tool and F bucket

Does anyone know if the KVS tool will show the new F bucket?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:53 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Not presently. This is a big problem. Being able to see the old "R" bucket was a big help in planning.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
While KVS showed the R bucket - it did not find it to always be upto date.

Another way is to go to co.com and start a booking process and check the box for mileage upgrade. It comes out of the same bucket (used to be R now F). If you could do a mileage upgrade just before EUA time then upgrades will be made. But the F bucket is very dynamic and can change through out the day. But if mileage upgrade is available say 6 to 7pm at night - then there is a could chance EUA will dip into that bucket.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 12:32 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by cova
While KVS showed the R bucket - it did not find it to always be upto date.

Another way is to go to co.com and start a booking process and check the box for mileage upgrade. It comes out of the same bucket (used to be R now F). If you could do a mileage upgrade just before EUA time then upgrades will be made. But the F bucket is very dynamic and can change through out the day. But if mileage upgrade is available say 6 to 7pm at night - then there is a could chance EUA will dip into that bucket.
In this scenario, you could grab a FC seat for miles, also, by calling CO. That is why you are unlikely to encounter this. The more likely scenario is that CO dumps the miles into the F bucket just prior to EUA running. CO tries to make this process as quick as possible, but with the current state of the CO computers, anything is possible. So it IS possible to grab the seat for miles (I have doen it), but you need to be lucky and encounter a lazy CO computer.

Having KVS made it easier to monitor and spot these anomalies.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:44 pm

My experience is that using miles for upgrades many times opens up say a week or two before (before the 5-6 day Plat EUA) for example on a IAH-DCA flight. Then by EUA time the R (now F) class goes away.

If you are Elite at any level, if flight is not sold out - mileage upgrades are more easily had at about a week.

I am referring to EUA upgrades and ways to check whether one will occur.

Last edited by cova; Sep 20, 2006 at 2:40 pm
Old Sep 20, 2006, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vulcan
The more likely scenario is that CO dumps the miles into the F bucket just prior to EUA running. CO tries to make this process as quick as possible
Why would they do this? Wouldn't they want to let people use their miles as opposed to giving the upgrades away for free? Or are they really catering to the high-level elites at the expense of the balance sheet?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 2:39 pm

error
Old Sep 22, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: US-Silver; UA-Premier; Hhonors Diamond
Hi,

What is the KVS tool exactly? Is there a fee to use this tool? I know you used to be able to use a site to see which fare classes were available but I think that site is down currently (or doesn't have Continental flights?).
Old Sep 22, 2006, 2:14 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow CO F Class

Originally Posted by hockey7711
Does anyone know if the KVS tool will show the new F bucket?
The new CO F class is now available in the Platinum version of the KVS Tool: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...46#post6421546
Old Sep 22, 2006, 3:22 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Originally Posted by KVS
The new CO F class is now available in the Platinum version of the KVS Tool: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...46#post6421546
Sweet,
Thanks, KVS.

One question/request.
I downloaded new version, and it worked fine when award seats are available, and all fare class displayed. But if no seat available, warning message with "Datasource Error: No award seat is available for the date you selected" pops up - then no information displayed - stays blank. Is this by design ? I'd rather like to see all class fare displayed with award seat showing 0, like F0 E0. Can you make this change in future release?
Old Sep 22, 2006, 3:44 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PforPlatinum
Sweet,
Thanks, KVS.

One question/request.
I downloaded new version, and it worked fine when award seats are available, and all fare class displayed. But if no seat available, warning message with "Datasource Error: No award seat is available for the date you selected" pops up - then no information displayed - stays blank. Is this by design ? I'd rather like to see all class fare displayed with award seat showing 0, like F0 E0. Can you make this change in future release?

Unfortunately, that's beyond my control: There has to be at least 1 award seat available (in any cabin) for a flight to show-up via the NWAWP method (and that message will show when no flights were found).
Old Sep 22, 2006, 7:34 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
I see.

Thank you, anyway, for your effort to keep up with frequent database/code/etc change on airline side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.